To extend our integrated engineering solutions with high-specialized know-how, we search for our office in Ghent (m/f) :
FIRE SAFETY ENGINEER
- Develop innovative fire safety solutions that satisfy authorities’ requirements and that are cost-effective and sustainable. This involves analyzing designs in terms of potential fire growth, means of egress, structural fire resistance and smoke control by various methods including computer simulations.
- Participate to design workshops, with architects and engineers, to optimize building and FSE solutions for the project.
- Sketch details to develop fire safety concepts and to translate your ideas to clients and architects.
- Develop multi-criteria analysis and designs to present to clients & architects different solutions and their technical implementations on the project.
- Present and defend fire safety strategies during meetings with Authority Having Jurisdiction (fire brigade, insurer,…) .
- Collaborating within a multidisciplinary team & working together with architects, clients and building professionals of other disciplines.
Skills & experience
- Understand installation drawings and technical drawings for all fire safety requirements.
- Strong affinity with architecture (fire compartmentation, evacuation path,…).
- Knowledge of CFD packages (such as FDS), evacuation packages (such as Pathfinder), zone models (such as Ozone) .
- Sketching, presentation and reporting skills are a must.
- Previous experience or affinity with FSE (relevant postgraduate or international degree).
- Hands-on, independent attitude.
- Creative thinking.
- Willing to learn, motivated, enthusiastic and social.
- Language: Dutch, French, English.
- Living in Belgium or interested in moving to Belgium.
VK Architects & Engineers offers you, not only, an attractive salary package, but also a stable job within an international-oriented company in full expansion, with a clear long term vision and with special and continuous attention for innovation and sustainability, but most of all for the training and development of its employees. You will be working – as a member of a passionate team - on many interesting and challenging projects at home and abroad. Discover VK and our projects online at www.vkgroup.be
Also spontaneous applications are welcome. Link to other vacancies on www.vkgroup.be/careers
Your application will be treated in the strictest of confidence.