Environment Research Specialist
Daikin Belux Wavre, Walloon Region, Belgium
As an Environmental Research Specialist, you will be part of the Daikin Belux organization.
Daikin Belux’s head office is in Wavre and there are satellite offices in Ghent & Herentals.
As a main responsibility, you will follow up the progress of upcoming or revised environmental, climate and safety tendencies that may influence our business. This includes:
- Active participation to workgroups and committees in order to give advice and support concerning European and International standards, directives & regulations
- This includes your active participation to trade & professional association meetings, to stakeholder meetings organized by governments, to NGO meetings and cooperation with external consultants
- Offering advice to several knowledge centers and universities with support of Daikin Belux & Daikin Europe specialists
- Advocacy for alignment national regulations towards European standards & regulations
- Examples of topics:
-> Product scope : heat pumps, air conditioning & purification, refrigeration
-> Carbon neutral targets
-> Energy efficiency units & buildings
-> Safety, ...
- You will share Daikin’s vision and actions to become a carbon neutral company by 2050 with policy makers in Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxemburg, to support a forward-looking and sustainable policy towards stake holders on the market. Ex: the interaction between heat pumps and other renewable energy solutions
- Offering advice to several knowledge centers with support of Daikin Belux & Daikin Europe specialists
- Support to European & international related advocacy
- Being a contact to various departments in Daikin Belux and Daikin Europe, and to other companies of the Daikin group.
- You hold a master’s diploma and have a strong interest in the domain of environmental and safety aspects
- Experience in advocacy
- Experience/knowledge within the building sector and /or in the HVACR sector
- As a diplomatic person, you have good social and communicative skills
- You are learning-minded and you have a clear interest in environmental matters
- You are used to work in a pro-active and punctual way, independently as well as in team
- Good knowledge of Dutch + French + English is necessary
- Travel is part of the job (25 – 30%)
A salary in line with your experience and responsibilities, complemented with fringe benefits. You will work at an international market leader that stimulates people to grow and work together. This is a position with considerable growth prospects in the European headquarters of an international thinking and operating organization.
Interested to join our team?
Our address: Daikin A/C Belgium – av. Franklin, 1b – 1300 Wavre